Water is becoming a scarce commodity of the 21st century and the demand of water for human is increasing day by day. The world’s most controversial issue is the water shortage and the lack of freshwater for daily/potable needs. The efficient and high–quality rainwater harvesting systems with proper guidelines and technologies assemble all the needs of water and can conserve the water for future.
Reasons for water scarcity
The reasons for water scarcity are attributed to changing climate due to global warming and the other non-climatic factors such as population growth, water pollution, rapid urbanization & industrialization etc. Over exploitation of secondary sources of water like the bore wells and dug wells also decline the groundwater recharging capacity. Saltwater intrusion, other major environmental problem in the coastal region also affected by the freshwater scarcity.
What is Rainwater Harvesting Systems?
Conscious collection and storage of rainwater to cater demands of water, for drinking, irrigation domestic, industrial & commercial purposes is termed as“Rainwater Harvesting”
Advantages of Rainwater Harvesting Systems
- Self Depended. That means does not need to depend water from other sources during dry periods.
- Rain water is free of minerals & contaminants. The ultimate freshwater resource in earth.
- Decentralized Rainwater collection reduces fast water run off and can be used for ground water table maintenance by water infiltration.
- Ability of collecting rain makes independent from weather extremes and cause reduction of flooding.
- Effects rise in ground water levels.
- Saves water for our future.
- At least the dry period’s needs of water can be satisfied by the FILTERED HARVESTED RAINWATER.
Traditional / Conventional Rainwater Harvesting Systems:
Lots of rainwater harvesting systems are present in all over the world. But majority of the systems are collapses due to inappropriate guidelines and the technologies. Bulk of the systems fails due to the improper filtration.
Problems of Traditional / Conventional Rainwater Harvesting Systems
- Improper Filtration. Majority of the systems performs filtration after storage.
- The dirt accumulates in the filter mesh causes regular blocking, which reduces the water filtration rate.
- High accumulation of organic/inorganic wastes runs to the storage tank.
- Results in over running of fresh water through the accumulated wastes.
- Periodic maintenance is highly required.
- Low water diversion capacities.
- Poor water flow rate and efficiency.
- Can overflow during the heavy rain.
- Does not performs any oxygenation & sedimentation of filtered water in the storage,
- which may cause low and bad quality of stored water.
- Add bleach to the storage tanks to prevent growth of algae on a regular basis.
- Possibility of clogging in the filter element.
- Does not follow any Standards & guidelines, which results poor working performance.
Modern Rainwater Harvesting Systems
The Rain water harvesting is the need of the hour and an effective method of Modern Rainwater harvesting system can accomplishes our daily water demands and conserve the water for the future.
ACT-WISY proudly proposing globally recognized systems of Modern Rainwater Harvesting with proper guidelines and standards. We defines the effective, efficient and eco friendly systems of Modern Rainwater Harvesting Filtration that can successfully harvest rainwater by using self cleaning filtration units and maintaining the quality of water for a longer duration.
ACT-WISY Rainwater Harvesting proposes 4 step water conservation methodologies for efficient water filtering, storing and extraction purposes. It comprises four major components which include a pre-filter, a smoothing inlet, floating suction filter and a multisiphon.
Step 1: Filtration of water by Downpipe filter / Vortex Filter along with the oxygenation.
With these components we can capture 95% of the rain water. We are providing distinct options of pre-filtration systems, which vary on the catchment area and the type of application. Fine filtration removes the debris and particles larger than 100 microns, and is automatically flushed out to the drain.
Step 2 : Acceleration of sedimentation & distribution of oxygenated rainwater within the storage or open well
The system manages itself oxygenation and sedimentation of filtered water. This ensures high quality of filtered water for longer storage duration up to 8 months. This process is done by the device called “Smoothing Inlet”.
Step 3: Extraction of filtered water from the storage by a floating filter
Extraction of water for reusing is the third step and is done by Floating Suction Fine Filter, which ensures that the water taken is most oxygen enriched and from cleanest part of storage water system.
Step 4: Overflow control, skimming of floating substances.
To prevent the back flow to the storage during heavy rains, the storage tank includes an overflow protection device, called Multisiphon which can also serve as provision for water infiltration.
Advantages of ACT-WISY Modern Rainwater Harvesting Systems
- No/low maintenance.
- Self cleaning.
- Maintaining the water quality for longer duration up to 8 months.
- Water extraction from storage tank using Floating Filter technology to ensure higher quality water.
- Multisiphon for skimming and for water recharging purposes.
- Cost effective and stable.
- Perform water conservation along with water in-filtration.
- Follows the DIN standards and guidelines.
- Works on Principle of free flow and adhesion.
- Drainage safety.
- Automatic rinsing off dirt water and complete dirt separation.
- High water collection efficiency.
- Eco friendly.
- High durability and reliability.
- No clogging of filter element, which results in high efficiency, high water yield and good cleaning performance.
- Long life, 100 % recyclable materials.
- Stainless steel filter element has to be cleaned 1 to 4 times in a year either by dishwasher or by hand.